A free event easy to access!
A fantastic show not to be missed from anywhere on the course. Pedestrian access along the slope and the finish line is free.
Public transportation is highly recommended.
Click here for practical information to access to Les Houches.
How to get to Chamonix, les Houches
Direct access from the A40 'Autoroute Blanche', linked to the european motorway network. 16 km from Switzerland via the Col des Montets. 13 km from Italy via the Mont Blanc tunnel. Road information (closures, state, etc) by telephoning + 33 (0) 4 50 53 05 51.
There is a train station in Les Houches, on the St Gervais/Le Fayet - Vallorcine line, with connections to the TGV at Annecy. For information, telephone: + 33 (0)8 92 35 35 35.
From any train station in Haute-Savoie
From 19 to 21 February 2016, the Region Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes and SNCF offer 50% discount on your return from a Haute-Savoie station to Les Houches.This TER illico EVENTS fare is on sale at the offices of departure stations or online on the website SNCF TER Rhône-Alpes.
For the occasion, additional trains will also set up. Find out and download special train schedules by clicking here.
- Arrival at Geneva-Cointrin International Airport (88 km away) tel:
(41) 22 717 71 11. There are 3 buses per day on the Geneva-Cointrin/Chamonix line, for timetables contact either the bus office at the station, the tourist office or on the web at www.chamonix.com
- Arrival at Lyon/Saint-Exupéry International Airport (220 km away) tel: + 33 (0) 4 72 22 72 21
- Arrival at Annecy-Meytet Airport (90 km away) tel: + 33 (0) 4 50 27 30 06.
From Geneva Airprort
- Starshipper :
Bookings on: www.starshipper.com
8 services a day. Departs every 2 hours (from 5:55 to 7:55 p.m. stations, and from 8:00 to 22:00 Geneva). Daily from 20 € to 30 € depending on the station, and from € 10 according to early bookings.
- SuperShuttle :
Bookings on: www.supershuttle.com
SuperShuttle is the ideal shared shuttle. Economic and ecological, it takes you at Geneva airport and take you to the address of your choice. The service is available 24h / 24 and 7/7.
Daily connections with Geneva, Italy and the principal towns in the Mont-Blanc area.
Afficher Kandahar - ChamonixWorldCup sur une carte plus grande
THE PISTE Experience "La Verte des Houches", legendary piste... PROGRAM What’s going on, click here! RESULTS... Each race, starting lists, analysis... TICKETS Free access, V.I.P. areas...
Where to watch the skiers:
Pedestrian access along the slope and the finish line is free.
Access: 4 Possibilities
• Prarion gondola then Kandahar chairlift.
• Bellevue cable car then the Voza-Prarion chairlift.
• Coupe du Monde chairlift then Maisonneuve chairlift followed by the Kandahar chairlift.
• Mont-Blanc Tramway, then the Voza-Prarion chairlift (access from le Fayet or Saint-Gervais).
2- LA CASSURE
• Access is the same as START.
• Access from the top of “Coupe du Monde” chairlift.
4 & 5-
• Free access for pedestrians on either side of the slope.
•Watch the race on a giant screen from the finish area.
Snack bars and entertainment, cowbells and drums, amazing atmosphere!
For further info :
Office de tourisme Les Houches
T. +33 (0)50 55 50 62
F. +33 (0)4 50 55 53 16